Pantogamum asset – nootropic, anticonvulsant.
Action Pantogam aktiv® due to the presence in its structure of gamma-aminobutyric acid, which directly affects the GABA B receptor-channel complex. Pantogam aktiv®predstavlyaet a racemic mixture of equal amounts of R-form hopantenic acid and its S-isomer. Presence isomer improves transport and interaction with the drug retseptoromGAMK. Pantogam aktiv® has a more pronounced neuroprotective and anticonvulsive effect, hopantenic acid than first generation drugs.
Pantogam aktiv® increases resistance to cerebral hypoxia and exposure to toxic substances, it stimulates anabolic processes in neurons, combined with a mild sedative effect mild stimulant effect.
It has antiasthenic easy and anti-anxiety effects. Reduces the excitability of the motor, regulates behavior. Activates brain activity and performance. It causes inhibition of pathologically increased vesical reflex and the tone of the detrusor.
Rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. Penetrates through the BBB. Is not metabolized and is excreted unchanged for 48 hours: about 70% of the dose – in the urine, about 30% – in the feces.
rac-hopantenic acid (D, L-hopantenic acid);
- cognitive disorders in organic brain lesions (including the effects of neuroinfections and traumatic brain injury) and neurotic disorders;
- cerebrovascular insufficiency caused by atherosclerotic changes in cerebral vessels;
- extrapyramidal hyperkinesis (myoclonus epilepsy, Huntington’s chorea, hepatolenticular degeneration, Parkinson’s disease, and others.) Treatment of extrapyramidal syndrome induced by classical neuroleptics;
- epilepsy (with anticonvulsants);
- psycho-emotional overload, reduced mental and physical performance, to improve the concentration and memorization;
- neurogenic bladder disorders (pollakiuria, urgency, imperative urinary incontinence, enuresis);
- schizophrenia (in the complex therapy).
- acute severe kidney disease;
- pregnancy (I term);
- during breastfeeding;
- patient age of 18 years (there are no clinical studies on the use of the drug at an earlier age).
In rare cases, possible allergic reactions (rhinitis, conjunctivitis, skin rashes).
In this case, cancel or reduce the dose preparation.
sleep disturbances or drowsiness, noise in my head – these symptoms are usually short-lived and do not require discontinuation of therapy.
How to accept, acceptance rate and dosage
Inside, after 15-20 minutes after meals 2-3 times a day, preferably in the morning and afternoon hours.
The course of treatment – 1-4 months, sometimes up to 6-12 months. 3-6 months may conduct re-treatment.
In a dry place, protected from light at a temperature not higher than 25 ° C
Prolongs the effect of barbiturates, enhances the effects of anticonvulsants, prevents the side effects of phenobarbital, carbamazepine, neuroleptics.
Effect Pantogam aktiv® enhanced when combined with glycine, etidronovoy acid.
Potentiates the action of local anesthetics (procaine).
Before applying are encouraged to consult with a specialist.
Symptoms: increased side effects.
Treatment: the appointment of activated charcoal, gastric lavage, symptomatic therapy.