The exact mechanism of action of the allergen during allergen specific immunotherapy (ASIT) is not fully understood. these biological changes are proven:
- appearance of specific antibody (IgG4), playing the role of “blocking antibodies»;
- reduction of specific IgE in the plasma;
- decrease reactivity of cells involved in allergic reactions;
- increased activity of the interaction between Th2 and of Th1, which leads to a positive change in the production of cytokines (IL-4 decrease and increase of -interferon) regulating the production of IgE.
Conducting Asit also inhibits the development of both early and late phases of the immediate allergic reaction.
The active ingredient:
The extract of birch pollen allergen 10 TS / ml * 300 TS / ml
* TS / ml – Reactivity Index – biological standardization unit.
Allergen specific immunotherapy (ASIT) patients with an allergic reaction of type 1 (IgE-mediated) suffering from rhinitis, conjunctivitis, a form of mild to moderate asthma seasonal nature of having an increased sensitivity to birch pollen.
Immunotherapy may be performed in adults and children 5 years of age.
- Hypersensitivity to one of the auxiliary substances (see list of adjuvants.);
- Autoimmune diseases, immunocomplex diseases, immunodeficiencies;
- Malignant neoplasms;
- Uncontrolled or severe asthma (forced expiratory volume < 70%);
- Treatment of beta-blockers (including local therapy in ophthalmology);
- Severe inflammatory diseases of the oral mucosa, e.g., erosive-ulcerous form planus, mycosis.
Carrying Asit can cause adverse reactions, both local and general.
The dosage and treatment regimen can be reviewed by the attending physician in the case of individual reactions or changes in the general state of the patient.
- oral pruritus in the oral cavity, swelling, discomfort in the mouth and throat, disruption of the salivary glands (increased salivation or dry mouth);
- gastrointestinal reactions: abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea
Usually these symptoms pass quickly, and there is no need to change the dosage and treatment regimen. In the case of frequent occurrence of symptoms should reconsider the possibility of continued therapy.
The general reaction are rare:
- rhinitis, conjunctivitis, asthma, urticaria, symptomatic treatments require N1- antagonists, beta-2 mimetics or corticosteroid (oral). The doctor should review the dosage and treatment regimen, or the possibility of continuing Asit.
- In extremely rare cases Generalized urticaria, angioedema, laryngeal edema, severe asthma, anaphylactic shock, which requires the abolition of ASIT.
Rare side effects, non-Ig-E mediator reactions:
- asthenia, headache;
- aggravation of pre-clinical atopic eczema;
- slow reaction by the type of serum sickness with arthralgia, myalgia, rash, nausea, adenopathy, fever, which requires the abolition of ASIT.
Of all the side effects should be reported to your doctor.
How to accept, acceptance rate and dosage
Efficiency Asit higher in those cases where the treatment is started in the early stages of the disease.
The dosage and treatment regimen
Dosage scheme and its application is the same for all ages, but may be varied depending on the individual patient’s reactivity.
The attending physician and adjust the dosage regimen according to possible changes in the patient symptomatic and individual response to the drug.
Treatment is advisable to start no later than 2-3 months before the expected flowering season and continue throughout the flowering period.
The treatment consists of two stages: initial and maintenance therapy.
1. Initial therapy begins with the daily administration of the drug concentration of 10 IR / mL (blue cap vial) with one push on the dispenser and gradually increase the daily dosage of up to 10 taps. One push of the dispenser is about 0.1 ml of the preparation.
Next proceed to a daily intake of the drug concentration of 300 TS / ml (purple cap vial), starting from a single pressing and gradually increasing the number of clicks to the optimum (well-tolerated by the patient). The first stage can last 9 – 21 days. During this period reached a maximum dosage for each individual patient (4 to 8 taps daily drug concentration 300 TS / ml), and then proceeds to the second stage.
2. The supporting constant dose therapy using TS vial concentration of 300 / ml.
The optimal dose reached at the first stage, initial therapy, continue to receive the second stage of maintenance therapy.
The recommended dosage regimen, from 4 to 8 taps in dispenser taps 8 daily or 3 times a week.
The length of treatment
Allergen specific immunotherapy is recommended that the above-mentioned two-stage course (2-3 months before the expected season flowering until the end of the season) for 3-5 years.
If after treatment did not improve during the first pollen season, should review the usefulness of ASIT.
Before taking this medication, make sure that:
- no expiration date;
- use vial the desired concentration.
The drug is recommended taken in the morning before breakfast.
The drug should drop immediately under the tongue and hold for 2 minutes and then swallowed.
Children are encouraged to use the drug with the help of adults.
To ensure the security and safety of the drug vials are sealed with plastic caps and aluminum caps seamed.
A break in the employment drug
At long missed doses should consult with a physician.
If you pass the reception drug was less than one week, it is recommended to continue the treatment without any changes.
If skipping the reception of the preparation was more than one week at the initial stage or during maintenance therapy, it is recommended to conduct treatment again with a single button on the dispenser, using the same concentration of drug (as before the break), and then increase the number of keystrokes, according to the scheme of the initial stage of therapy to the optimal well tolerated dose.
Do not use concurrently with taking beta-blockers.
Simultaneous reception with symptomatic anti-allergic agents (N1- antihistamines, beta-2-mimetics, corticosteroids, inhibitors of mast cell degranulation) for better portability Asit.
In case of exceeding the prescribed dose increases the risk of side effects that require symptomatic treatment.