The exact mechanism of action of the allergen during allergen specific immunotherapy (ASIT) is not fully understood. these biological changes are proven:
- appearance of specific antibody (IgG4), playing the role of “blocking antibodies»;
- reduction of specific IgE in the plasma;
- decrease reactivity of cells involved in allergic reactions;
- increased activity of the interaction between Th2 and of Th1, which leads to a positive change in the production of cytokines (IL-4 decrease and increase of? Interferon), regulates the production of IgE.
Conducting Asit also inhibits the development of both early and late phases of the immediate allergic reaction.
The active ingredient is :
The extract of the allergen from mites Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus,
Dermatophagoides farinae in equal proportions 10 TS / ml *,
IR 300 / ml
* TS / ml – Reactivity Index – biological standardization unit.
Allergen specific immunotherapy (ASIT) patients with an allergic reaction of type 1 (IgE-mediated) suffering from rhinitis, conjunctivitis, a form of mild to moderate asthma, with increased sensitivity to house dust mites (D.pteronyssinus, D.farinae).
Immunotherapy may be performed in adults and children 5 years of age.
- Hypersensitivity to one of the auxiliary substances (see list of adjuvants.);
- Autoimmune diseases, immunocomplex diseases, immunodeficiencies;
- Malignant neoplasms;
- Uncontrolled or severe asthma (forced expiratory volume in less than 70%);
- Treatment of beta-blockers (including local therapy in ophthalmology);
- Severe inflammatory diseases of the oral mucosa, e.g., erosive-ulcerous form planus, mycosis.
Carrying Asit can cause adverse reactions, both local and general.
The dosage and treatment regimen can be reviewed by the attending physician in the case of individual reactions or changes in the general state of the patient.
- oral pruritus in the oral cavity, swelling, discomfort in the mouth and throat, disruption of the salivary glands (increased salivation or dry mouth);
- gastrointestinal reactions: abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea
Usually these symptoms pass quickly, and there is no need to change the dosage and treatment regimen. In the case of frequent occurrence of symptoms should reconsider the possibility of continued therapy.
General reactions are rare:
- rhinitis, conjunctivitis, asthma, urticaria, symptomatic treatments require N1- antagonists, beta-2 mimetics or corticosteroid (oral). The doctor should review the dosage and treatment regimen, or the possibility of continuing Asit.
- In extremely rare cases Generalized urticaria, angioedema, laryngeal edema, severe asthma, anaphylactic shock, which requires the abolition of ASIT.
Rare side effects that are not related to IgE mediator reactions:
- asthenia, headache;
- aggravation of pre-clinical atopic eczema;
- slow reaction by the type of serum sickness with arthralgia, myalgia, rash, nausea, adenopathy, fever, which requires the abolition of ASIT.
Of all the side effects should be reported to your doctor.
How to accept, acceptance rate and dosage
Efficiency Asit higher in those cases where the treatment is started in the early stages of the disease.
The dosage and treatment regimen
Dosage scheme and its application is the same for all ages, but may be varied depending on the individual patient’s reactivity.
The attending physician and adjust the dosage regimen according to possible changes in the patient symptomatic and individual response to the drug.
The treatment consists of two stages: initial and maintenance therapy.
1. Initial therapy begins with the daily administration of the drug concentration of 10 IR / mL (blue cap vial) with one push on the dispenser and gradually increase the daily dosage of up to 10 taps. One push of the dispenser is about 0.1 ml of the preparation.
Next proceed to a daily intake of the drug concentration of 300 TS / ml (purple cap vial), starting from a single pressing and gradually increasing the number of clicks to the optimum (well-tolerated by the patient). The first stage can last 9 – 21 days. During this period reached a maximum dosage for each individual patient (4 to 8 taps daily drug concentration 300 TS / ml), and then proceeds to the second stage.
2. The supporting constant dose therapy using TS vial concentration of 300 / ml.
The optimal dose reached at the first stage, initial therapy, continue to receive the second stage of maintenance therapy.
The recommended dosage regimen, from 4 to 8 taps in dispenser taps 8 daily or 3 times a week.
The length of treatment
Supportive therapy is recommended for 3-5 years.
If no improvement after the first year of treatment, should review the usefulness of ASIT.
Before taking this medication, make sure that:
- no expiration date;
- use vial the desired concentration.
The drug is recommended taken in the morning before breakfast.
The drug should drop immediately under the tongue and hold for 2 minutes and then swallowed.
Children are encouraged to use the drug with the help of adults.
To ensure the security and safety of the drug vials are sealed with plastic caps and aluminum caps seamed.
A break in the employment drug
At long missed doses should consult with a physician.
If you pass the reception drug was less than one week, it is recommended to continue the treatment without any changes.
If skipping the reception of the preparation was more than one week at the initial stage or during maintenance therapy, it is recommended to conduct treatment again with a single button on the dispenser, using the same concentration of drug (as before the break), and then increase the number of keystrokes, according to the scheme of the initial stage of therapy to the optimal well tolerated dose.
Stored and transported at temperatures between 2 and 8 ° C.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not use concurrently with taking beta-blockers.
Simultaneous reception with symptomatic anti-allergic agents (N1- antihistamines, beta-2-mimetics, corticosteroids, inhibitors of mast cell degranulation) for better portability Asit.
If necessary, appropriate therapy symptoms of allergy should be stabilized before the start of ASIT.
Patients undergoing a course Asit, must always be in possession of drugs for relief of allergy symptoms, such as corticosteroids, sympathomimetic and antihistamines.
Should immediately consult a doctor if you experience severe itching palms of hands, soles of the feet, hives, swelling of the lips, throat, accompanied by difficulty swallowing, breathing, changes in voice. In these cases, your doctor may recommend acceptance of epinephrine. Patients taking tricyclic antidepressants, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, increases the risk of side effects of epinephrine, including death. This fact should be taken into account in the appointment of ASIT.
In inflammatory processes in the oral cavity (mycosis, aphthas, gum damage, removal / loss of teeth or surgery) therapy should be discontinued before full cure inflammations (at least for 7 days).
During the course of Asit possible vaccination after consulting your doctor.
For patients, especially children, should be considered being on a diet with a reduced salt intake, which preparation comprises sodium chloride (one press of the dispenser is about 0.1 ml of the preparation with a content of 5.9 mg of sodium chloride).
During visits to be sure that the bottle is upright. The vial should be in the box with protective ring on the dispenser. At the first opportunity the vial should be placed in the refrigerator.
In case of exceeding the prescribed dose increases the risk of side effects that require symptomatic treatment.
36 months. Do not use after expiry date.
Drops for oral administration